We are currently seeking a Marketing Associate.
This position supports a small and thriving nonprofit nature education center whose mission is to mentor youth, adults, and families in deep connection to nature, self, and others. Applicants must be motivated self-starters with the ability to be nimble, flexible, and responsible for a wide range of detail-oriented tasks.
Approximately 5 hours per week, with variation depending on the time of year.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Facility with, or ability to quickly learn, digital systems/applications, such as email programs (e.g., Constant Contact, MailChimp), Google sheets, Excel, Track Changes in Word, social media platforms, etc.
- Passion for Flying Deer’s core mission and values
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Accessibility via email or text throughout the week, including times that are not previously designated work hours when deadlines require a quick response
- Willingness to perform both small tasks, such as distributing flyers, and higher-level projects, such as writing and disseminating press releases; planning social media campaigns, etc.
- Assistance with mailings, fundraising events, and other on-site projects as needed.
- Ability to work remotely and independently, with availability for periodic in-person meetings in New Lebanon or Chatham, New York.